Way of Education
1. The process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, esp.at a school or university
This education only provides 10% of life Fulfilling Experience
2. An enlightening experience.
90% of life's fulfillment comes by arriving at and sustaining enlightening experience
The Purpose of Education
असतो मा सद्गमय। तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय। मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय ॥ ओम (ॐ) शान्ति शान्ति शान्तिः ॥
From the non-being to the true being
From darkness to Light
From death to immortality
Om, Peace, Peace, Peace.
Swami Vivekananda's Vision on Education
• "Education is the Manifestation of the Perfect ion already in Man."
• Reflection is the process of bringing Perfection into the Class room .
• Reflective learning involves: Shravan, Manan and Chintan
• These 3 steps are: Listening, Contemplating and Meditating
• These are also called: Connecting, Analyzing and Synthesizing
• Reflective Facilitators can Transform our Broken Education System.
• Reflective Learning Centers, all over the World can set up programs To Cultivate Reflective Facilitators.
Basics of Reflection
Reflection is a process of Observation to Gain Clarity of Life
FROM DARKNESS TO LIGHT
"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened."
REFLECTIVE FACILITATORS CREATE REFLECTIVE LEARNERS
Authentic Learning: Elements
SUBJECT OF LEARNING
• Real-world relevance
• III-defined problems
• Multiple sources & perspectives
PROCESS OF LEARNING
• Sustained investigation
• Reflection (metacognitlon)
• Polished products
• Integrated assessment
Interpretations and outcomes
Reflective Facilitators Create Reflective Leaders
"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it", -Marian Wright Edelman.
The Purpose of Reflective Learning
• To realize one's full potential of being human
• To live the highest Quality-of-Life possible
• To become a life-long independent learner
• To become a flexible, adaptable, trainable dynamic person ready to adjust to changing business and life environment
• To connect with and help others in the learning process
Learning about Life During Pandemic
• Covid-19 Pandemic is a wake up call for the Humanity
• Reflecting on the current state of our Broken Humanity
• Counting Our Blessings
• Sharing Our Good Fortunes of Compassion
• Zoom allows to connect scores of leaners all around the Globe
• It makes Rapid Transformation of Education possible
Learning is a Constant Process of Involvement with Life Serving others is the best way to get involved with Life
Elements of Reflective Learning
Transformation = Knowledge + Vision + Courage + Action
Knowledge of the Gross and Subtle elements of life
Vision of what is the goal of education by Leaders
Courage of conviction, Yes I Want and I Can
Without Action no progresscan be made Establishing Trust between the learner and facilitator
Trust = Competence + Connection/Fear
Developing and Using Reflective Practice
Read/Listen - around the topics we are learning about or want to learn about and develop.
Ask/Connect - others about the way they do things and why.
Watch/Observe - what is going on around us.
Feel - pay attention to our emotions, what prompts them, and how we deal with negative ones.